Speaker, Moderator, Assitant Instructions - PDF file
Contact email@example.com with questions.
Abstract submission is now closed.
All submissions have been reviewed by the abstract review committee and authors have been notified. If you have further questions about your submitted abstract, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper Instructions & Submission
All authors of accepted abstracts for either oral or poster presentations are encouraged to submit 8-10 page final papers for inclusion in the conference proceedings.
Paper formating instructions/template (Word file, 116 KB).
Oral Presentation Instructions
All accepted oral presentations shall be 20 minutes in length unless the presenter has been notified otherwise. The conference rooms will be equipped with a laptop that has Microsoft PowerPoint installed and a projector.
All presenters are expected to bring their presentation on a portable USB drive and give it to the session moderator 30 minutes prior to their session so that it can be loaded onto presentation laptop.
The presentation schedule has been posted at http://peer.berkeley.edu/events/2009/icaese3/program.html.
Poster Presentation Instruction & Information
All student posters will be displayed during the PEER & 3AESE poster session & reception on the evening of Thursday October 15 at the Top of the Mark Sky Lounge.
Poster presenters should bring their own pre-printed poster to the meeting. The posters will be displayed on tri-pods with foam-core boards upon which presenters can paste or pin their posters. Pushpins, tape and glue sticks will be available at the meeting. The foam core board backing will be 30" wide X 40" tall (75 cm X 100 cm) so posters should not exceed these dimensions. Using those dimensions as a guideline, posters should be organized as follows:
- – Include all of the following information on the poster header:
- – Project Title
- – Names and affiliations of all project principal investigators
- – Names and affiliation of all student investigators
- – Names of additional funding agencies as appropriate
- – Laboratory name, university where the research was conducted
- – Conference name (optional): "3rd International Conference on Advances in Experimental Structural Engineering"
- – Posters can be printed in color, but it is not required. However, all posters must be two-dimensional, with no "pop-outs", three-dimensional elements, or electronic construction.
- – Use only one side of the poster and do not extend any portion of the design or display beyond the 30" x 40" board.
- – Please do not frame or set in glass or plastic.
- – The main body of the poster should include at least an Introduction and Conclusions. Possible sections between the Introduction and Conclusions include Background, Methods, Results, etc.
- – Graphics are always preferred to lengthy text. On the other hand, some brief text, readable from a distance, can be useful to describe the graphics.