Oregon State University’s Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) program will award approximately 15 to 20 fellowships of $4,500 to undergraduate students to support hands-on research in the areas of community resilience, clean water engineering, safety, and infrastructure renewal. During the eight-week program, students will work with a faculty mentor and graduate student on a specific project and will develop research skills to increase graduate school opportunities.
- Stipend: $4,500
- Research project with a faculty mentor
- Field trips for site-specific field work
- Weekly seminars from noted speakers
- Informal lunch meetings to discuss graduate school
- Final symposium August 24, 2018 to highlight student work
To apply, complete the application form. Application deadline: February 16, 2018.